[ubuntu-web] Countdown Banner Suggestion

Andrew McKinnon andrew at amckinnon.com
Sun Mar 27 13:22:08 UTC 2011

Hello All,

I hope I am sending this to the correct e-mail address.  I have an idea
for the countdown banner but given my lack of ability to draw, I am
going to try and explain it as best as I can.

Now I do not know if the Ubuntu logo would be changing for 11.04 to
represent all the changes in the operating system (ie. use of Unity,
Firefox 4, LibreOffice, etc...) but if it is changing then I think it
would be nice to have the current logo over top of the new one and each
day, a small piece of the old disappears showing a bit of the new each day.

Whatever is chosen though, I hope there will be a nice 728x90 or 468x60
web banner that I can add on to my site and add as my signature in
various forums.

Andrew