[ubuntu-web] bug in website

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Mon Nov 15 15:50:02 GMT 2010

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 11:20 AM, Alan Bell <
alan.bell at theopenlearningcentre.com> wrote:

> On 14/11/10 15:59, Chris Johnston wrote:
> > Greetings;
> > <snip>
> >
> > That is the point of moving this discussion to the mailing list. This
> > is an issue that needs to be handled by the design team, not the
> > ubuntu-website team.
> >
> Is this the right mailing list for that? I have not observed much input
> to the list from the design team, are they subscribed to it?

Hi Alan, yes, I think this is the right list (as you probably know by now).
I just wanted to make sure that people knew the request to bring it here was
from me and I did it for three reasons:

 * I wanted Ale and Yailli to participate and I knew they were both on this
list
 * I didn't think this was a bug, more of a "let's figure out how to make
this better," and
 * the tone on the bug report was getting a bit tense and I felt more of a
"discussion" format would work better and feel a little more personal.

Thanks Charlie, Chris, Alan, Ale, Yailli and all who have participated so
far.

Also, I want to point out that it is not really in the spirit of Ubuntu to
release products that are perfect. The 6 month cycle means we get frequent
incremental improvements and things are (or should be) always getting
better. There are numerous things I'd like to see improved on the website
and I'm glad to work with so many of you to constantly and iteratively make
things better and better. Keep up the excellent work!

--
Matthew Nuzum

"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest." -Benjamin Franklin