[ubuntu-web] Ubuntu Wiki

John Baer baerjj at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 13:37:07 GMT 2010

On Wed, 2010-11-10 at 12:28 +0000, rugby471 wrote:
> Hey everyone.
>
> I apologise if this question has been asked before, but why is it that
> we cannot migrate wiki.ubuntu.com from MoinMoin to MediaWiki? The
> current Wiki is VERY slow, has annoying features such as image surge
> protection, and lacks useful features (such as searching for pages
> created by one user).
>
> I just wanted to know if there are any large blockers that prevent the
> migration, otherwise I would be prepared to work on it to improve the
> Wiki experience for everyone in the Ubuntu community.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Andrew

Andrew,

I am not aware of any technical reason. Fedora moved to MediaWiki a year
{?} ago and I my understanding is the migration was successful.

Although the differences are not great, there are differences and there
may be a learning curve by the community.

In addition I assume Canonical has support staff for MoinMoin.

Just my thoughts :D

John