[ubuntu-web] Countdown Slideshow

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Thu Mar 19 13:17:38 GMT 2009

On Fri, 2009-03-13 at 12:24 -0500, Matthew Nuzum wrote:

> Second, we'd like to take a stab at publishing Pierre Buyle's
> "Features Carousel" as an iframe with minimal animation.
>
> Thorwill's ring should be the last frame and we'd like there to be
> four previous frames that communicate to people that Ubuntu is for
> desktops, servers, netbooks and cloud computing. They should quickly
> and automatically shift from one to the next ending with the "ring"
> image for the current day.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Website/JauntyCountdownBanners#Slideshow

I decided against including "ubuntu", as these images will only be
visible for a moment and thus need to be succint.

As the first clearly speaks of stationary use, I added a separate laptop
step, which also helps to get the netbook across by size comparison.

The cloud and also the server step could benefit from a different color
theme, but we are running out of time and it could make the slideshow
too busy.

The slideshow images on the wiki have been treated with pngcrush and are
ready for use.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: