[ubuntu-web] Countdown banners chosen for publication and syndication

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Fri Mar 13 17:24:37 GMT 2009

OK, I've met with Kat and discussed which banners to publish on the
ubuntu.com website. There were several very good and polished ideas
that worked well with the existing Ubuntu branding and imagery and we
picked two of these.

The first is Thorwill's Ring (the "top" variation):
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Website/JauntyCountdownBanners#Top

The second is Mads "calendar" variation (the third of the four) from:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Website/JauntyCountdownBanners#MadsRH

I've spoken with Thorwil online about some very minor tweaks that
could be made to it. Mads, I will contact you because we'll need to
work out a few things to get it ready to publish.

There are two other banners of note:

First, an honourable mention:
The "harrypopof" banner was very fun and well liked, though it didn't
fit with the other imagery we'll be publishing.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Website/JauntyCountdownBanners#harrypopof

Second, we'd like to take a stab at publishing Pierre Buyle's
"Features Carousel" as an iframe with minimal animation.

Thorwill's ring should be the last frame and we'd like there to be
four previous frames that communicate to people that Ubuntu is for
desktops, servers, netbooks and cloud computing. They should quickly
and automatically shift from one to the next ending with the "ring"
image for the current day.

Thanks for all of the great contributions. I love going to meetings
and bragging about how awesome our community is.

GOAL: Get everything finalized by noon UTC on the Friday the 20th.
Then we'll make sure all the pieces are together and start publishing
things. If it all goes right, the imagery will go live for syndication
on Tuesday the 24th.

--
Matthew Nuzum