[ubuntu-web] Ubuntu wanted website layout

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Sat Jan 24 17:40:05 GMT 2009

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 6:17 AM, Mads Rosendahl <madsrh at gmail.com> wrote:
> ==Matthew Nuzum==
>> Very attractive. I think it's a great idea to create your own identity
>> and I'm glad you made this. The logo and the western font for the
>> wanted text are very clever and attractive. If you and you're team
>> like it I'd go for it.
>
> There's a fine line between creating your own identity and creating a
> consistent look for all ubuntu related sites (you know what I mean; like
> Ubuntu.com, Brainstorm, Fridge (how ever it might look in the future)). I
> feel that such a style link between the "related" sites is very importent.
> If possible, I would love to see the site on the interwebsite navigation
> menu, having a more or less unified style (like the current brown border and
> menu style).
> Can anyone confirm that a re-design of Ubuntus key portals for re-launch in
> 2009 is planed? I saw it here:
> (http://webapps.ubuntu.com/employment/canonical_WD/) and I think I remember
> Mark mention something about it. If so, and if we're talking a complete
> re-design, we could use that look as our basis.

What I know is that Julian is trying to hire someone (or more than
one) in the London area to help revamp the look and feel of the
websites. Right now the plans are very ephemeral but it is a goal for
this year.

Before then, hopefully before Jaunty, I will port the existing theme
to Drupal 6 and use the typography layout used on shipit and
help.ubuntu.com/community. I think some people have already done some
work along these lines so I will try to use their work if I can.

--
Matthew Nuzum