[ubuntu-web] easing start page translations - help needed

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Wed Jan 21 19:24:40 GMT 2009

Anyone feel like being an i18n hero for the web presence team? I'm not
saying those who have helped in the past cannot continue, I'm sooo
grateful for the work that's been done, but don't want to assume you
desire to continue.

It was suggested to me to investigate this tool:
http://po4a.alioth.debian.org/man/man7/po4a.7.php instead of html2po.

What we need:

 * Easy/automated build of the start page from .po files.  (make, ant
or some python script)
 * Easy translation or submission of .po files
 * Not too hard to add new strings

Getting the first point done would ease the second two. Anyone want to
lead this effort?

I'd like to update the current 8.10 page. We forgot to translate the
search button.

--
Matthew Nuzum