[ubuntu-web] Wanted site

Sense Hofstede sense at qense.nl
Mon Oct 20 15:05:10 BST 2008

2008/10/20 Nicolas Deschildre <ndeschildre at gmail.com>

> Just a quick reminder, here are the local installation instructions,
> so that you can set up your wanted website locally:
> https://lists.canonical.com/archives/ubuntu-website/2008-August/000303.html
> (Sense : should I put them here : https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWanted
> or somewhere else on another wiki page?)
>
> On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 12:16 AM, Hugh Barnes <list.ubuntu at hughbris.com>
> wrote:
> > On Saturday 18 October 2008, 19:31:27, Sense Hofstede did write:
> >> However,
> >> I'm going to wait with implementing it until it's clear what Hugh wants
> and
> >> can do.
> >>
> > I feel the weight on my shoulders. :~) Thanks for your patience. I should
> be
> > able to get a comprehensive evaluation through this evening (midday-ish
> GMT).
> >
> > (By way of explanation, this weekend I've been rebuilding my main desktop
> with
> > new hardware after about 5 years. Very impressed with Intrepid but
> finding that
> > reconfiguring most apps is very time-consuming. One of my first U Wanted
> items
> > will certainly be more migration tools!)
> >
> > I also encourage more talk about how to entice both designers and coders
> > better and get them working together.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > --

Hello,

I've added the instructions to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Website/Wanted ,
thanks for noticing it.

Concerning the theme: thanks for your work, MadsRH and Hugh. I think that it
would be better to wait for MadsRH's reply and additions to the file.
By the way, I was the one who added *./* for all paths because Firefox had
linked them to the browser. I'm not sure how Drupal itself handles it, but
if I'm right it uses some variable to make sure the right path is being
used.

A feed is indeed something that should be added to the website, but it's not
on my list yet because interacting with and other ways of browsing the tasks
seem more important to me in the current stage. But if anyone would feel
like adding this feature on his/her own, I sure wouldn't mind!

Regards,
--
Sense Hofstede
<http://www.qense.nl/>