[ubuntu-web] Ubuntu Wanted site

Sense Hofstede sense at qense.nl
Sun Oct 12 11:27:47 BST 2008

2008/10/8 Mads Rosendahl <madsrh at gmail.com>

> Hi
> Since nothing is happening with the firefox startpage, I thought I
> would work on the Ubuntu Wanted site again.
> Back in August I did a mockup of the site
> (
> http://anotherubuntu.blogspot.com/2008/10/ive-also-been-working-on-layout-for.html
> ),
> witch now has been updated. I'm trying to keep it simple and stay with
> the Ubuntu look by using Brainstorm as reference. There still isn't
> done anything to the text - my focus is simply on the design.
>
> the logo / the site / the login site:
> http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/175241/wanted/wanted-logo.png
> http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/175241/wanted/wanted_orange_site.jpg
> http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/175241/wanted/wanted_orange_site.jpg
>
> Sense Hofstede -> I really don't understand how to commit to the
> branch, so I'll be sticking with the design part for now. When I have
> a good design I'll contact someone who can help me. Jesper Jarlskov
> offered his help earlier on the mailinglist
> (
> https://lists.canonical.com/archives/ubuntu-website/2008-August/000302.html
> ),
> perhaps I'll email him.
>

> //MadsRH
>
> --
>
> Hello,

Thank you for your great mock-ups. Next to the direct link to one mock-up
you provided in the mail there is also a slightly different mock-up
displayed in your blog post. Although I do like the possible frontpage in
case something like a volunteerpool would be added, I think that the one
sent to this maillist looks better. I would be very thankful if you could
convert it to HTML. If you don't know how to use bazaar you can send the
HTML files to me.

The ideas for the logo from Thorsten sound good to me. Could you provide a
logo with his ideas to show how that looks?

What is the meaning of the *Most wanted this month* tab? Does it show the
tasks with the most applications? I'm not sure if that would be a good idea
since people should find the open tasks too. Maybe they should get their own
tab, replacing one of the other tabs.

I hope this mail is useful to you. If there are any problems, don't
hestitate to ask. If there are other people here willing to help, please let
me know so I can see what you could do for Wanted.

Regards,
--
Sense Hofstede
<http://www.qense.nl/>