[ubuntu-web] Wanted site

Sense Hofstede sense at qense.nl
Sun Nov 23 14:21:43 GMT 2008

2008/11/23 Rubén Romero y Cordero <huayra at ubuntu.com>

> [...]
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've just added Mads Rosendahl's theme to the branch by commiting
> revision 17. You should be able to see it at
> http://ubuntu-wanted-devel.ideatorrent.org/ soon.
> > I didn't apply the suggestions made by Hugh Barnes(my apologizes for
> misspelling your name in my blog posts) because I don't have enough time and
> designing-knowledge to do so. I anyone would like to help out with that,
> please do. His suggestions can be found here:
> https://lists.canonical.com/archives/ubuntu-website/2008-October/000466.html
> >
> > I also uploaded a mindmap listing the progress of Ubunut Wanted:
> http://files.qense.nl/features.jpg I'll try to keep it up to date. If you
> see something there you'd like to help out with, please contact me too.
>
> As soon as it is possible to RSS the wanted site (I assume you are
> going to allow this, arent you?) I would like to sindycate it as part
> of the SpreadUbuntu site which a team I'm part of is working on.
>
> It seems to me that you have lots of good ideas and this can be a
> fantastic project. I, personally, have a suggestion:
>
> * Do not reinvent the wheel!
>
> Use a system that's already there so you can concentrate in the
> project and the theming of the site, not the coding. I recommend
> drupal as a proven and fantastic webplatform. You have already
> taxonomy, feeds, OpenID support (direct access for Launchpad Users!!),
> community managing features and it is used by ubuntu.com and most part
> of LoCo team sites worldwide. And if you need *real* hosting
> (SpreadUbuntu is been getting a lot of attention and thus high
> bandwidth usage and server load, I assume your project could get in
> trouble too ;) ) you can always ask Canonical for it, and it is more
> likely you can get it if you use something that's already standard in
> their systems (Drupal 5).
>
> My €0.02 ;-)
>
> Good luck with your project!
>

> R.
>

> > Regards,
> > --
> > Sense Hofstede
> > <http://www.qense.nl/>
> >

> --
>
> Hello,

We were already using Drupal 5, although OpenID isn't implemented yet.
RSS feads are indeed going to be added, I just forgot to add them to the
mindmap. Thanks for telling!

I would be very glad with some attention from SpreadUbuntu. However, please
keep in mind that the website isn't in used at the moment and probably won't
be the moment RSS feeds are added. If al(l/most all) features on the mindmap
are added, we can start to run a test with some volunteers to see how it
works. After that we can start using it, but that's going to take a while.

Thank you for your reply!

Regards,
--
Sense Hofstede