[ubuntu-web] Wanted site

Rubén Romero y Cordero huayra at ubuntu.com
Sun Nov 23 13:16:07 GMT 2008

[...]
> Hello,
>
> I've just added Mads Rosendahl's theme to the branch by commiting revision 17. You should be able to see it at http://ubuntu-wanted-devel.ideatorrent.org/ soon.
> I didn't apply the suggestions made by Hugh Barnes(my apologizes for misspelling your name in my blog posts) because I don't have enough time and designing-knowledge to do so. I anyone would like to help out with that, please do. His suggestions can be found here: https://lists.canonical.com/archives/ubuntu-website/2008-October/000466.html
>
> I also uploaded a mindmap listing the progress of Ubunut Wanted: http://files.qense.nl/features.jpg I'll try to keep it up to date. If you see something there you'd like to help out with, please contact me too.

As soon as it is possible to RSS the wanted site (I assume you are
going to allow this, arent you?) I would like to sindycate it as part
of the SpreadUbuntu site which a team I'm part of is working on.

It seems to me that you have lots of good ideas and this can be a
fantastic project. I, personally, have a suggestion:

* Do not reinvent the wheel!

Use a system that's already there so you can concentrate in the
project and the theming of the site, not the coding. I recommend
drupal as a proven and fantastic webplatform. You have already
taxonomy, feeds, OpenID support (direct access for Launchpad Users!!),
community managing features and it is used by ubuntu.com and most part
of LoCo team sites worldwide. And if you need *real* hosting
(SpreadUbuntu is been getting a lot of attention and thus high
bandwidth usage and server load, I assume your project could get in
trouble too ;) ) you can always ask Canonical for it, and it is more
likely you can get it if you use something that's already standard in
their systems (Drupal 5).

My €0.02 ;-)

Good luck with your project!

R.