[ubuntu-web] Wanted site

Sense Hofstede sense at qense.nl
Sun Nov 23 12:22:04 GMT 2008

2008/10/16 Hugh Barnes <list.ubuntu at hughbris.com>

> Hi Mads
>
> On Wednesday 15 October 2008 08:05:40 Mads Rosendahl wrote:
> > Attached is an updated version of the HTML code. Fixing a typo and
> > adding the ubuntu logo to the Navigation menu.
> >

> Thanks for all this work!
>
> Is this purely a visual mockup or is it the code you want to deploy?
>
> I scanned my eye over the HTML code yesterday. I could make a lot of points
> and suggestions to clean it up a little – improve accessibility and make it
> easier for search engines to consume. I would also very much like to be
> positive if I have time and give you some alternate markup to try. We'll do
> our best to retain the same look that everyone likes so much.
>
> I need to know if you are interested in this feedback first. I get the
> sense
> that many members of this group are interested primarily in visual
> appeal.
>
> I realise you probably produced this within a framework of some sort, or
> using
> another code generating tool, so you may not be able to make a lot of the
> changes I would come up with.
>
> However, I believe clean, accessible code is an important element in
> community
> software and websites.
>
> What do you and others think? Would you like me to QA the outputted HTML?
>
> On Wednesday 15 October 2008 08:54:43 Mads Rosendahl wrote:
> > and they work just fine, but in M$ IE6 it looks awful.
>
> As much as I advocate universal access, I don't think for this application
> we
> need go to special efforts for this buggy browser. :~)
>
> Cheers
>
> Hugh
>
> --

Hello,

I've just added Mads Rosendahl's theme to the branch by commiting revision
17. You should be able to see it at
http://ubuntu-wanted-devel.ideatorrent.org/ soon.
I didn't apply the suggestions made by Hugh Barnes(my apologizes for
misspelling your name in my blog posts) because I don't have enough time and
designing-knowledge to do so. I anyone would like to help out with that,
please do. His suggestions can be found here:
https://lists.canonical.com/archives/ubuntu-website/2008-October/000466.html

I also uploaded a mindmap listing the progress of Ubunut Wanted:
http://files.qense.nl/features.jpg I'll try to keep it up to date. If you
see something there you'd like to help out with, please contact me too.

Regards,
--
Sense Hofstede
<http://www.qense.nl/>