[ubuntu-web] My Count down bannder prototype

Matthew Nuzum matthew.nuzum at canonical.com
Tue Jul 8 04:52:05 BST 2008

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 9:22 PM, Vitaly Babiy <vbabiy at verizon.net> wrote:
> Here it is with the old counter, Now I want to format it to web standers
> banners. And if everyone approves I would like to start working on a php
> script that will generate the image with the correct background color.
> so we don't have to worry about png transparency issues in some browsers

The server that hosts this will only support static content, not PHP.
However you can use Python or PHP (or whatever) to generate static
images and we can use Javascript to allow users to select which image
to show on their page.

Believe it or not, the load on the servers just serving static content
was quite heavy when we first started using the countdown banner.

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode