[ubuntu-web] Homepage

Nicolas Deschildre ndeschildre at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 20:43:32 BST 2008

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 9:17 PM, Matthew Nuzum
<matthew.nuzum at canonical.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 1:42 PM, François Tissandier
> <francois.tissandier at gmail.com> wrote:
>> But I'm not talking that much about adding/moving/deleting content than
>> about the organisation of all those parts. Maybe it's possible to make
>> the navigation "crystal clear" without upsetting anybody.
>
>> Currently my navigation experience is frustrating, so I thought that
>> with the help of everybody, we could quickly improve it with simple
>> modifications.
>
> I'm eager to hear suggestions! I am the owner of the navigation pretty
> much and it has been a thorn in my side.

A good double-level global menu example :
http://www.linuxmint.com/
Also I introduced on Brainstorm a inter-website top nagivation bar, a
bit like the google one you see on google services like Gmail.
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/
Could be esthetically improved, but if all major average-user targeted
Ubuntu websites, such as ubuntu.com, ubuntuforums, brainstorm, fridge,
... could use such a common bar, that would really ease inter-website
navigation.

Cheers,

Nicolas