[ubuntu-web] Start page

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 10:41:44 BST 2008

2008/7/7 Matthew Nuzum <matthew.nuzum at canonical.com>:
> As a matter of fact, the start page itself is a joint project between
> the two teams and some groups inside Canonical. The start page for
> hardy is done except for minor tweaks, but for intrepid we'll be doing
> some thigns different.

Is there any estimate when people could get localized start pages
instead of the mixed language one?

The strings at http://start.ubuntu.com/8.04/ seem to be (depending on
if all URLs are allowed to be localized):

fi.po: :)

msgid "Search"
msgstr "Hae"

msgid "Get Ubuntu Support"
msgstr "Tukipalvelut"

msgid "Stumped by a problem? Find out how to get help."
msgstr "Törmäsitkö ongelmaan? Apua löydät helposti."

msgid "http://www.ubuntu.com/support"
msgstr "http://wiki.ubuntu-fi.org/Tukipalvelut"

msgid "Ubuntu Merchandise"
msgstr "Ubuntu-oheistuotteet"

msgid "Make your friends jealous! Show off the latest Ubuntu gear."
msgstr "Ihastuta tuttaviasi Ubuntu-tavaroilla!

msgid "https://shop.canonical.com/"
msgstr "http://wiki.ubuntu-fi.org/Ubuntu-tuotteet"

msgid "Get Involved with Ubuntu"
msgstr "Osallistuminen Ubuntuun"

msgid "Ubuntu is also a community with limitless opportunities to join in."
msgstr "Ubuntu on myös yhteisö, jonka toimintaan voi osallistua
lukuisilla eri tavoilla."

msgid "http://www.ubuntu.com/community/"
msgstr "http://wiki.ubuntu-fi.org/Yhteiso"

msgid "Ubuntu Forums"
msgstr "Ubuntu-keskustelualueet"

msgid "Get help, learn what's new and join the discussions"
msgstr "Tarjolla apua, uutisia ja keskusteluita."

msgid "http://forums.ubuntu.com/"
msgstr "http://forum.ubuntu-fi.org/"

Additionally, the search URL would be good to get localized as
mentioned at some point.

-Timo